BMW 3 Series E46
since 1998 release
Repair and operation of the car
BMW 3 Series E46
+ BMW 3 cars (E46)
+ Current leaving and service
+ Cooling systems, heating
- Power supply systems, injection and release
Security measures and rules of respect for purity during the work with fuel system
Removal and installation of the sensor of a reserve of fuel / fuel pump
Check of the sensor of a reserve of fuel
+ Power supply system of petrol engines
+ System of injection of fuel of the petrol engine
+ Power supply system of diesel engines
+ System of production of the fulfilled gases
+ Engine electric equipment
+ RKPP and transmission line
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ Schemes of electric equipment
Power supply systems, injection and release
The fuel system consists of the fuel tank, fuel-supply lines, the filter, the fuel pump and system of injection of fuel.
The fuel tank has two cameras. The tank is located under back seats. The available reserve of fuel is shown to the driver on the dashboard. And the fuel reserve for each camera is measured by the separate sensor. The microprocessor in the block of the dashboard counts the current content of fuel on the basis of impulses of injection, speed of the movement and electric signals of the lever sensor.
Ventilation of the fuel tank is carried out through the closed system of removal of air. At the petrol engine harmful vapors of gasoline gather in an adsorber and move under control in the engine.
Methods of economic operation of the car
Style of driving of the car has significant effect on fuel consumption. Several councils for reasonable operation of the car are given below:
- After start of the engine at once start even if it occurs on a frost.
- At a car stop lasting more than 40 with switch off the engine.
- Move always on the highest transfer.
- At the movement on long distances whenever possible support uniform speed. Avoid the movement at high speeds. Drive the car circumspectly. Without need you do not brake.
- You do not transport excess freight on the car. For example, on a roof whenever possible remove the luggage carrier installed on the car.
- Check air pressure in tires. Do not allow excessive pressure decrease.