BMW 3 Series E46
since 1998 release
Repair and operation of the car
BMW 3 Series E46
+ BMW 3 cars (E46)
+ Current leaving and service
+ Cooling systems, heating
+ Power supply systems, injection and release
+ Engine electric equipment
+ RKPP and transmission line
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
- Onboard electric equipment
- Dignostic of electric elements
Diagnostics of malfunctions of onboard electric equipment - the general information
Safety locks - the general information
Replacement of safety locks
Fusible inserts - the general information
Chain breakers (thermal relays) - the general information
The relay - the general information
Check of the electric motor of a screen wiper
Check of a stoplight
Check of the warmed back glass
Removal and installation of the sensor of temperature
+ Lighting and alarm system
+ Devices and equipment
+ Schemes of electric equipment
Check of the electric motor of a screen wiperThe electric motor of a screen wiper is in the tank for water under a windshield. For its check it is necessary to uncover.
Designation of plugs
· The plug 31 - accession of weight.
· The plug 53 receives tension for the first speed of a screen wiper.
· The plug 53 and gives positive current (+) for a final step of a cleaner. The electric motor receives through the sliding contact tension until the cleaner does not come to rest position if the driver switches off a screen wiper.
· The plug of 53 b gives tension for the second speed of a cleaner (an additional winding).
· Via the plug 53 е the electric motor of a cleaner is stopped at return after shutdown not to pass through a starting position.
Check of the electric motor of a cleaner
At first it is necessary to check whether the electric motor is damaged and whether its food is serviceable. It becomes as follows:
1 I will corrode Rasstykuyte at the electric motor.
2 Connect two auxiliary cables (+) and (-) the rechargeable battery of the car to screen wiper electric motor plugs:
- bring a cable from a positive pole of the battery to the plug 53 or 53 b;
- bring the second cable from a negative pole of the battery to the plug of 31 electric motors.
3 Now depending on the used plug the electric motor of a screen wiper has to rotate with a speed, the corresponding step of I or II. If it does not occur, the electric motor or the corresponding step have defect. Remove the electric motor, address the Section Removal and installation of electric motors/drafts of a screen wiper.